02 August 2006

Giving the People What They Want

As I post, I am at the airport, waiting to board a flight home to Colorado for my sister's wedding. Because I never get it together enough in advance to check in online, I am in the dreaded "C" class for Southwest Airlines' seating cattle call, and am eagerly anticipating my middle seat and having to shove both messenger bag and laptop under the seat in front of me. I can only hope that this will be as positive an experience as my last flight, during which I fell asleep, then woke up to find my shirt askew, part of my bra exposed, and the 50-year-old man next to me staring at it intently. You'll be relieved to hear that I had the forethought to avoid a repeat experience by wearing a prettier bra this time.

1 comment:

Cari said...

The last time I flew Southwest I had a B ticket, and some C-ticket-holder was standing in the front of the B line, so I said "excuse me," and as he turned around he said, "This is for people with B tickets," to which I replied, "I have a B ticket," at which point he looked me up and down and said, "Ooh, HONEY-b!"