16 April 2010

You Don't Know Me, Apple

I am taking an insanely detailed feedback survey about how I use the MacBook I bought right before I came over here, because my old one got a terminal diagnosis like a week before I was scheduled to move overseas.  Good times.  The survey has just asked me how often I use my computer to view video "at home: on the couch" and then "at home: in bed".  As I am currently taking the survey in bed, I suspect they are using the integrated webcam to spy on me.

I'll know for sure if the next questions are, "Are you seriously eating peanuts at 11:45 pm?" "How concerned are you about choking on them, seeing as how you're 75% horizontal?" and "Is that one of the Little House books in German behind you?"  (Answers: Yes, somewhat concerned, and yes, but for some reason On the Banks of Plum Creek is titled Laura und ihre Freunde instead of Laura am Pflaumenbach in the pattern of the rest of the series' translations.  Oh, and Landwirtjunge has been left out entirely, which is too bad, because I like the bit where the pig gets its teeth stuck together with poorly-made candy.)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Apple is most definitely spying on you.

Cari said...

Holy crap. Now I know what would make my life complete. Reading the Kleines Haus books.

Auntie Maim said...

They're excellent for getting my vocabulary back up -- because I kind of remember the stories and they're written for children, I can usually figure out the words without having to look them up!